Tuesday, April 10, 2012

let there be stillness

For those of you who know me know I don't like to be still for too long, I love going hard and then crashing (I think Zoe is the same way :)). In more ways than one, that is what I need so much, physically, spiritually, and mentally. I know the Lord speaks to us so much in our stillness and waiting. I read this in a devotional today that I wanted to share, Speak Lord, in the stillness, While I wait on Thee; Hushed my to listen in expectancy. Speak, O blessed Master, In the quiet hour, Let me see Thy face Lord, Feel the touch of power. For the words Thou speak, "They are life" indeed; Living Bread from heaven, Now my spirit feed! All to Thee is yielded, I am not my own; Blissful glad surrender, I am Thine alone. Fill me with the knowledge Of Thy glorious will' All Thine own good pleasure In my life fulfill. -Emily May Grimes Let this be my heart's cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment