Friday, September 21, 2012

God's Story

So I posted a picture today on Instragram to announce we are pregnant...but I didn't want it to go without the story leading up to sharing the news today...so here it goes!

As many of you know, for the last year we have been on the road to adopting.  We were cleared with Bethany back in February and had just been waiting on that "call" or "email".  Both Allen and I were pumped to welcome a new baby boy or girl into our family through adoption.  During this time, I was going through some difficult things with my body, long story short, I wasn't sure I would be pregnant again.  In fact, I remember a time back in May, after a doctor's appointment and some process time, that I had a peace that I wouldn't be pregnant again.

Well, about 4 weeks ago for about a week and a half I wasn't feeling great and couldn't figure out what was going on, so I decided to take a pregnancy test before calling the doctor. It was positive.  The next three were positive.I called Wendy, my doctor, and she immediately said there could be no way I was pregnant. It seemed like de ja vu from finding out I was pregnant with Zoe.  Mine and Allen's heads and hearts were spinning.  The following week I did blood work and an ultrasound and I was 9 weeks pregnant!!  The Lord's plan and will be done is our prayer, we are super excited, and thankful for what the Lord has in store.  We will still be adopting, just in a different season or different seasons!!!  Thankfully, Bethany will just put a hold on our file and we will reopen and update when we can! God is good.

I am 13 weeks today. We will have the baby mid March. Please continue to pray!
I hope to write on here more and more, we shall see! My favorite Zoe statement right now is "baby in the tummy, baby in the tummy!!!"


No comments:

Post a Comment